RULES FOR CULINARY, CRAFTS, AND TEXTILES DIVISION
McCracken County Cooperative Extension Service
1. All entries to be entered on Monday, June 19, 2017 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. All entries must be removed Monday, June 26, 2017 between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Prize money will be paid when exhibits are picked up.
2. Judging of exhibits will be Monday, June 19, 2017. Only workers and judges will be allowed in Culinary, Crafts and Textiles section of Floral Hall during judging.
3. Exhibits limited to McCracken county residents or members of a McCracken County organization, ages 18 and over.
4. Any exhibitor removing their exhibit before Monday, June 26, 2017 will forfeit their prize money. No exceptions.
5. All articles in Crafts & Textiles must be handmade and completed within 3 years prior to this year’s Fair, unless specifically stated otherwise in order to be eligible for entrance in this department and must have been work of the exhibitor. Canned foods should be preserved no more than 1 year prior to this year’s Fair date.
6. All exhibits must be clean or they will not be judged.
7. All professional or foreign work will be barred in this department. One who derives the major part of income from type of work being exhibited by them is considered a professional in this department.
8. Judges may, at their discretion, award a ribbon of such grade as the article deserves.
9. EXHIBITORS must determine the appropriate class for their entry. Any article not up to standard in the class in which it is exhibited can be disqualified by the judge. Any entry must remain in the category determined by the EXHIBITOR.
10. No exhibitor will be allowed to exhibit more than one article in any one class.
11. Family member(s) cannot enter “like” items.
12. An exhibitor winning a purple rosette in a class one year is barred from exhibiting the same article in that class the next year at the McCracken County Fair.
13. If there is more than one article in any exhibit (such as towels, table mats, etc.) they should be fastened together securely.
14. The management will not be responsible for any article exhibited but due care and diligence will be given in the handling of articles.
15. The Fair will not act as a selling agency. No articles can be shown in the department with a “For Sale” tag or name of exhibitor attached. Any sales must be between the owner and the prospective purchaser. The superintendent of the department will be glad to give name and address of owner.
16. No pictures accepted unless framed and/or fixed for hanging.
17. The management will not be responsible for exhibits not picked up by 9:00 a.m. on June 30, 2017.